This page was updated on June 4, 2021
While this is a very important step towards gaining control over the virus and normalizing life, at this point we have not been allowed to change any of our office safety precautions. We follow guidance from national, state and city groups on these matters, and all recommendations remain in place regarding masking, symptom screening, social distancing and limiting visitors. Importantly, the CDC continues to recommend such precautions in healthcare settings.
We continue to have all office locations open and to employ precautions against COVID-19. We would like you to keep the following in mind.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, cough, difficulty breathing, chills, fever, difficulty with the sense of smell, or recent exposure to a known positive contact, we ask that you reschedule or schedule a telemedicine visit.
- Our staff will be using infrared / no-touch thermometers to take your temperature. Anyone with a temperature over 100 will be immediately placed in a room.
- NY state has quarantine guidelines in place for individuals traveling from international destinations to NY. We follow these guidelines and ask that if you are in a group that is required to quarantine, you reschedule your appointment to telemedicine.
The current Governor’s order is for everyone to wear a face-covering in public. If you come to our office without an acceptable face covering, you will be provided with one.
- We ask that no one accompanies you to the appointment. We want to minimize the risk of exposure for our staff and other patients. We understand that during this time, many of our patients have childcare issues. Please do not bring your children with you to your appointment. If you lack childcare, please schedule a telemedicine visit.
- Please be sure to respect a 6-foot distance from others.
- Practice respiratory etiquette and cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing even if wearing a face mask.
Services offered for the COVID-19 pandemic:
- COVID-19 PCR Testing
- Maiden Lane Medical has the ability to perform rapid PCR testing on the Cepheid platform.
- PCR testing is available to all patients after telemedicine consultation
- COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- After a telemedicine or in-person consultation, we can order blood testing for COVID-19 antibodies.
- While this can be a marker for prior infection or vaccination status, it is not meant to substitute for appropriate public health measures such as social distancing and mask-wearing.
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- We are not currently able to offer the COVID-19 vaccines to our patients, as supply is extremely limited.
- We are registered with the city as a vaccination site and will update when we have supplies available.