Joint Pain Specialist
Maiden Lane Medical
Multi-Specialty Group Practice located in New York, NY
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 14 million Americans suffer from joint pain. Whether it’s aching, inflammation, or soreness, joint pain can limit your range of motion and keep you from doing the things you love. To find relief, visit Maiden Lane Medical Midtown, New York location. A skilled team of experts in various disciplines treats patients with joint pain using natural, effective methods. To have an individualized consultation, call the practice today or schedule an appointment online.
What is joint pain?
Joint pain can manifest in different parts of the body, including the fingers, wrists, elbows, or knees. It may be rooted in the cartilage, ligaments, muscles, or bones, but most joint pain stems from arthritis within the joint itself.
Joint pain can be mild or severe, and it can limit your ability to walk, move, or exercise normally.
Joint pain may differ from one person to the next, but it tends to make the affected area feel achy and stiff. You might also experience changes in the texture, color, or temperature of the skin near the affected joint.
What causes joint pain?
Since your joints bear a significant amount of pressure from daily movement, they’re vulnerable to injury and inflammation. Numerous factors can cause joint pain, including:
- Injury: trauma, accidents, broken bones, or fractures
- Arthritis: including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or psoriatic arthritis
- Chronic conditions: like fibromyalgia, cancer, Lyme disease, Paget’s disease
With a comprehensive evaluation, our providers can determine the cause of your joint pain, as well as how best to treat it.
Do I need to see a doctor for joint pain?
Joint pain usually isn’t a life-threatening medical concern, but it can be extremely uncomfortable to live with. Contact Maiden Lane Medical if you’re experiencing joint pain accompanied by:
- Warmth around the joint
- Inability to move the joint
How is joint pain treated?
Our provider can create a customized treatment plan to help you manage joint pain and regain mobility. You start with a full medical examination, and your physician might recommend X-rays or other diagnostic tests.
Once the cause of your pain is determined, your treatment might include:
- Medication: non-narcotic pain-relieving drugs, cortisone shots, or other medication to help reduce pain and relieve inflammation
- Physical therapy: stretching exercises or specific movements to help strengthen the joint and prevent further injury
- Lifestyle modifications: adaptations to your diet, exercise routine, or other areas to help your body recover
- Stem cell or PRP therapy: regenerative treatments that help repair damaged tissue and reduce inflammation
With a multidisciplinary treatment approach, you can get on the road to recovery and restore normal movement to your body. To schedule a personalized consultation, call Maiden Lane Medical today or book an appointment online.
Our doctors who provide this service
Perfect Medical Services
Book an Appointment
Ready to begin a life without pain? Book a consultation today.