We are now able to provide COVID-19 antibody testing.
Antibody testing for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that caused COVID-19) is not available everywhere. We are happy to offer it to our patients.
Currently, we lack perfectly clear guidance from the CDC on how to interpret these results.
There may be some evidence that having a positive IgG lends itself to immunity, but we do not know how much (i.e. the titer) of IgG specific to SARS-CoV-2 is needed to provide that immunity.
Further, it is important for you to understand that like influenza, SARS-CoV-2 is a virus. And as such, mutations are expected. In fact, there are several currently know mutations of SARS-CoV-2 around the world.
So, just because you have developed IgG antibodies to one strain does not mean you will be immune to another strain.
WE USE THE HIGHEST SENSITIVITY TEST AVAILABLE. This is the one created by Roche and is processed by Sunrise laboratories.
What we can tell you if your IgG is positive
- You have been exposed to the virus.
- You were exposed 7 or more days ago.
- You MAY be acutely contagious and should isolate immediately and get a definitive PCR test.
Our office can arrange this test in our own facility.
We have staff dedicated to facilitating the ordering of your antibody test.
A video televisit is required to do this.
- Click “Search Provider” and enter “Golfer”, “Pastena”, “Datta”, “Gelman” or “Barr”
2. You can then click next and choose any location in the menu.
3. On the appointment type dropdown choose “COVID-19 Antibody Request”
4. An appoint will be made from there just like any other video televisit appointment.
5. The provider will do a brief interview and screening and will order the test. You will need to come to one of our office for bloodwork. The provider may ask you to also do a virus test to be sure you are not currently infected.